Monday, March 01, 2010

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day

It even feels like Monday. Woke up today with a 'bang your head against the wall' headache that just won't go away. I was in a minor car accident last May that messed up my neck( I am still going to PT for it) that causes some really whamo headaches. Today is one. So here I sit at 10:30 in my jammies drinking a cup of shade grown, free trade, organic, a portion of the profits go to a Tanzanian orphanage, socially responsible coffee with Stevia and half and half. And it even taste good. :D
Serenity is home with me today too. The alarm didn't go off and I woke up at 7:30, so she got a 'mental health' day as well.
So what am I doing with my time? I got on the Trader Joe's website and printed their Fearless Flyer to peruse. I think I am going to try to go there Saturday. While our local grocery store has an ok health food section for our small town, I think we need to do a mega trip to the big city.
Serenity is being uber-responsible with her food choices. She keeps asking, "Does that have sugar?" This morning I made her scrambled eggs with sugar- free almond milk, Ezekial 4:9 toast with all fruit spread and a mocha with 1/2 above mentioned coffee, 1 tsp cocoa, stevia and rest SF almond milk.
I bought her Nathan's hot dogs. She loves hot dogs(as do I) and it was a real chore finding a sugar free variety. So dinner last night was hot dogs on a honey wheat wrap.
We just keep feeling our way thru this lifestyle change. But I think it is helping. She got 13 out of 15 on her spelling test this week and 33 out of 40 on a grammar test. I don't know for sure if it is the diet change but I will take it.
Did I mention she is taking a tsp of flax seed oil and a fish oil capsule a day? Well she is and one of the benefits is her dry skin in not as dry as it has been. Bonus!
Ok rambling has gone on long enough. I think I need to go climb Mt Laundry since I am home.....

No comments: