Sunday, March 14, 2010

So much to say

Oh dear where to start?
Well first off, Trader Joes and Whole Foods was amazing! I had a great day with my friend, Marcy and 3 of her kids. She directed me down then I let her take over driving. I found some really good things for our family and I am for sure going back in a few weeks. It was really crowded and I was just a tad overwhelmed so I did not buy near enough stuff. Serenity picked out some lovely roses for us. They were so pretty on our table last week. Too bad they can't last longer. The fruit leathers were a big success. The Irish bangers(sausage) were sooooo good, I wish I had bought more. The vegan cheese not so great, but the raw milk blue cheese for daddy and me is terrific. We were 66% on the fruit juice sweetened muffins, 2 boxes were good and 1 tasted like sawdust.
We had lunch at an Ethiopian restaurant. That was a cool experience. I am glad Serenity is an adventurous eater. It makes planning her meals so much easier.
Monday we had 3 doctor's appointments. I had 1 at 9 in Mercer for my neck/shoulder injury. I need an MRI(had it Wed.showed no injury to the spine must be muscle related) Serenity had her first at 11 in Greenville. Her palate showed no fissure but her tonsils were HUGE!!!! Thankfully the are not infected but still, jumping jackrabbits those babies touched in the middle! How had she been swallowing those huge fish oil capsules?!?!?! She also had some testing for food allergies. Guess what were 2 of the 3 that showed up. Milk and sugar!! I know, right? So it looks like we may be on the right path. The third was vinegar(?!?!?!?) He gave us some homeopathic things to try for the tonsils and we are staying away from the milk and sugar so hopefully those things will bring the size of the tonsils down.
Her second appointment(our third of the day) was at 3 in Sewickley to find out the results of her testing. Testing showed NO SIGNS of an autism spectrum disorder.(*I* never expected it to) But she does show for ADHD. The worst thing? Listening and writing at the same time, i.e. spelling tests. She is easily distracted. SQUIRREL!! (UP reference) and has trouble staying focused for long periods of time. All things we kind of knew. They also gave us some direction for overcoming these issues. We now will just wait for the final report from them.
So after 3 dr appts in one day, guess what. I woke up Tuesday morning with a sore throat. Sitting here Sunday afternoon I now have no voice. Should make work tomorrow interesting.
We are starting to think about our Disney trip more and more. That will be a huge challenge. I don't think there is any way to completely avoid milk and sugar there. But we will just have to make the best choices we can. On that note we just bought her a Tinkerbelle dress to wear when we are there. She is such a clothes horse! She loves pretty things, and wears them so well. And I love to buy them for her so it works out pretty good. We also just got her Easter outfit. Pictures will follow on Easter.

No comments: