Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Beginnings


It has been a long while since I have used this blog. With Facebook and other sites I have been neglecting this one. But no longer, I promise. I will be using this one to chronicle a new journey.
My 6 year old daughter has been having some learning issues. Possibly ADHD, we are not sure at this point. We spent all of today in Pittsburgh at the Watson Institute testing for various things. I being the information driven person that I am have spent lots of time on the internet Googling, Binging and other searching to get as much info as I can on the subject.(read information overload). I settled on a few books and such to find a dietary method to help with the issues versus a pharmaceutical one. Thus our new beginning.....
Goodbye dairy, goodbye sugar and possibly goodbye gluten. On the way home from testing I stopped at good old Barnes and Noble to get a couple of cookbooks and at the so-called Super Walmart for a few supplies. Wasn't so super. It will get us thru tomorrow though while I digest a few cookbooks(get it digest?!?!?! I crack myself up) and come up with a game plan.
You see above my first purchases. Almond milk, stevia sweetener, fruit juice, almond butter, rice cakes, crackers, and brown rice cereal. I will join my little mei mei in her lifestyle change. Abandoning my lo carb lifestyle of the last year and a half to help her with her big changes. I know sugar is a problem for me so that won't be such a change. But saying goodbye to cheeses. GASP!! At least I still have goat cheese and chevre. But I love her more than cheddar and mozzerella combined so no biggie.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Hi Jamie,

Just wanted to let you know that I saw rice milk at Aldi the last time I was there. I think it was 1.69 a quart. Also, both Bi-Lo and County Market have expanded their alternative food sections.

HTH!
Marcy